Friday, May 22, 2009

Retro Week: Music

Ah, the sounds on the 90's. So many great songs came out then. I'm not talking about the Nirvanas and the Smashing Pumpkins of the 90's I'm talking about the super sugary sound of summer. The songs that only pre-adolescent boys and girls (and those extremely out of touch with the music scene) found endearing and boomtastic. The following are songs that made me who I am, or at least made me a terrible dancer.



"Eiffel 65"Blue: What was this song about? The color, the group, the feeling? I'm still not sure but it's got a cool beat and a catchy repeating chorus so rock on!

Duncan Sheik "Barely Breathing" Still one of my favorite songs. When I hear this I always picture myself walking down the street and singing this to myself with a hoodie on.

Deep Blue Something "Breakfast at Tiffanies"
What's better? The Capote novel or Deep Blue Something's song of the same name.

Smash Mouth "All Star"
Me and my sisters favorite song of the summer. We loved "Mystery Men" and this song was a great way to celebrate summer. We watched this video thousands of times.

Toad the Wet Sprocket "Good Intentions"
Only a band from the 90's could be called this. Great song, cool video.

Seal "Kiss from a Rose"
When batman was only cool to grade schoolers, this song was the shit!

Wallflowers "One Headlight"
If this song doesn't take you back, your either too old or too young. That last part makes me depressed.

Chumbawumba "Tubthumping"
The greatest one hit wonder of all time. What's scary about this song is you can replace every word with Chumbawumba and it still makes sense.

4 Non Blondes "What's Up"
A great chick band that featured only totally hippied out brunettes. Take that Brittany Spears!

Lou Bega "Mambo Number 5"
The official song of the 90's, (besides the Macarena) this song had it all, women, dance moves, and a bit of risque lyrics. Listen to all the women he has. Monica, Erica, Rita, Tina, Sandra, Mary, Jessica, and You makes you my man.

No comments:

Post a Comment