Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Retro Week: Commercials; Breakfast Cereals



In a two part series, I’d like to explore some of the brainwashing, wonderfully colorful and often sugary World of children’s advertising. One day, if I play my cards right, maybe, just maybe I can be working on advertising a cartoon tiger or a mischievous leprechaun. Enjoy the following.
Alpha bits

Ghostbusters cereal- What you gonna crunch?

Frosted Flakes- His paw frosts things

Corn Pops- I don’t play football ‘til I get my Pops!

Apple Jack don’t taste like apples

Lucky Charms: ok stars and horseshoes are lucky, but red balloons, pots of gold and a heart?

Cinnamon Toast Crunch: This came out at the magical time when 80’s style was almost dead, and 90’s neon was just about to emerge.

Honey Nut Cheerios: This is becoming addictively awesome.

Honeycomb: I hate when that happens in school.

Cookie Crisp: I love how there’s a sign that says “big hill”

Cocoa Puffs: Last but not least a commercial that suggests kids that eat this will actually go crazy. And it has that kid from “Third Rock from the Sun”

No comments:

Post a Comment