Friday, June 5, 2009

A True Psycho Killer

OK, so I know I am extremely behind the times on this, especially because this song came out in 1977, but there is another reason why I’m bringing this song up. First, it’s my song of the week, you know when you simply can’t go a few hours without listening to a song? That’s “Psycho Killer” for me this week. It’s an amazing song and makes me feel like a better person after it’s over. Secondly it was featured on the closing credits of an Amazing movie I just finished this week. It’s called, Behind the Mask. The Rise of Leslie Vernon. This gem of a movie came out three years ago, but I recently discovered it on Video on Demand for Netflix (Thank you Netflix). The cover makes it look like a typical bad slasher movie, which it is, but so much more. The movie follows the next serial killer, Leslie Vernon, whose work is inspired by the likes of the Freddy’s and Jason’s of the World. He hires a documentary film crew to follow him around as he starts his “career.” It’s entertaining, clever, and in the end one of the better slasher movies out there. I highly recommend it. And start listening to The Talking Heads, they’re unbelievable.
Here’s the trailer for the movie and the Talking Head performing “Psycho Killer.”



No comments:

Post a Comment