Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Why We Love Coke

Coke vs. Pepsi. It’s a rivalry as old as time. Today, I’m going to show a few examples of the differences between the two just by looking at the general mood and feel of their commercials.

What I love about Coke (and apparently Coke Zero) is the strikingly visual ways they show all sorts of people just having fun. To me, Coke is similar to the Disney of soft drinks. It’s not edgy or super cool, it’s wholesome and makes you nostalgic for happy, good times.

Every Coke commercial places happy uplifting music over fantastic, colorful visuals that end in a happy way, whether that be getting the coke or a reveal.

Coke is a fantastic company and one of the few large corporations I respect and admire. I am a Coke drinker through and through and will always be.

Damn, now I’m thirsty. Looks like I’m off to the soda machine.











Now let’s look at a few Pepsi ads.

Cheap humor, celebrity endorsement and cameos, bright colors, and (in my opinion) an attempt to fit in with the young crowd in an unsuccessful way.









And this is why I love Coke. They don’t need cheap humor or celebrities. They get by and are successful because instead of copying pop culture and borrowing from it, they are pop culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment