Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mexican cereal recipe



Hey everyone,
Here is my recipe for my famous "mexican cereal" a staple of my diet through my college, and post-college days. It's a great way to use that last little bit of tortilla chips and salsa.

MEXICAN CEREAL
SERVINGS 1-1.5

INGREDIENTS
2 (handfuls) Tortilla chip crumbs
2 (shakes) of a salsa jar
1 (pour) of cheese (optional)

Grab a clean bowl from the kitchen, or if a clean bowl can not be found get a wide rimmed glass. Pour remaining crumbs of a bag of tortilla chips (my favorite are the 'Hint of Lime" flavor) into container. Shake around and crush any large pieces that would not fit on a spoon. Pour remaining salsa out of jar. Hint: Do not shake up and down. This can cause a salsa massacre. The key is to hold upside down and let gravity take control. If necessary grab a long stir spoon and scoop up stubborn pieces of salsa. Mix thoroughly making sure to coat tortilla chips evenly with salsa. Sprinkle cheese on top if desired.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap! I used to do the exact same thing with my last few chips and salsa too! I even called it the same thing! Hahahaha, man, why do great minds think so alike?!

    ReplyDelete