Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Even YouTube Stars Sell Out

I'm not gonna complain too much here, simply because, if I made a kick-ass viral video, and McDonalds asked me to create another one, starring me and my buddy, and they were going to pay me a with a boatload of McNuggets, well I would say yes.

That being said, there's something to be said for advertising that is based around cool shit found on the web. Take that boss! I am doing research by watching hundreds of adorable videos of kitties with socks on their head.


The T-Shirt War from Ibrahim Nergiz on Vimeo.




What I love about the times we live in, is how you can become a sensation overnight. All it takes is a bit of Yankee ingenuity and a digital video camera. Need more proof? Ask a little South African friend of Peter Jackson, Neil Blomkamp, who made the awesome movie District 9 based off a short found online.


Oh yeah and that movie Tron that's coming out and going to smash all sorts of records? Yeah that started out as a proof of concept video that debuted, where else but YouTube.


Let's hope the same strategy works for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment